Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Myth Seven: When I make a million, I’ll be set


From my interview with artist/designer Noah Scalin:
"There’s the job that you to make money and then there’s who you are. I’m not my job. The way that I make a living as a creative person doesn’t define the totality of who I am. A lot of people are surprised that my studio is at home and I work regular business hours (M-F 10-6) For me, if these boundaries are blurred it leads to confusion. Structure allows me to be a part of the business world."

Noah Scalin
Noah Scalin is a blogger, musician, visual artist, author, graphic designer and founder of ALR Designs. Noah’s work at ALR has gained international exposure in over two-dozen books and is frequently featured in design publications which led to the development of a course on socially conscious design for Virginia Commonwealth University. Noah also founded, SPROUT, a long running community supported agriculture group. Skulls, a book based on his award-winning blog Skull-A-Day, was published in October 2008 by Lark Books. skulladay.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment