Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Artist Myth #10f: Agents

Myth Ten: If I only had an agent, my worries would be over.

Designer/Artist, Noah Scalin, a Richmond-based artist like myself not only made the transition gracefully, but he did it effortlessly as well. Noah had been creating art for years, but when he became focused on one project and became known as the Skull-a-day” guy, things took off and an agent came knocking within six months.

Here’s what he said during out interview, “For me, the project was different than others because it had a very distinct focus. It was about picking a place I wanted to be and making a straight line for it. One skull – one blog entry – every day.

Looking back, I can see that it was about getting on that very narrow path and making the most of all the opportunities that began to arise in the path. As a result, my book, “Skulls,” was just reviewed in Penthouse Magazine, is available in Target stores and landed me a spot on the Martha Stewart Show. In addition, my blog won the Webby Award (like the Oscar award for websites).


Noah Scalin

Noah Scalin is a blogger, musician, visual artist, author, graphic designer and founder of ALR Designs. Noah’s work at ALR has gained international exposure in over two-dozen books. Skulls, a book based on his award-winning blog Skull-A-Day, was published in October 2008 by Lark Books. skulladay.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment